Change the Bug Status report to reflect additional states to the Bug

by Ewald Hofman 16. July 2010 13:42
The bug work item has 3 (Agile: Active, Resolved, Closed) or 4 states (CMMI: Proposed, Active, Resolved, Closed). Those states are used also in the reporting. When you use additional states you will see that the colors are not in the trend that the default states have. Also the order of the states m... [More]

Reporting | VSTS 2010

Reflect the rename of a state for the Bug Work Item

by Ewald Hofman 16. July 2010 13:20
The bug work item has 3 (Agile: Active, Resolved, Closed) or 4 states (CMMI: Proposed, Active, Resolved, Closed). Those states are used also in the reporting. When you rename the state, it is not automatically picked up by the reporting. Luckily Microsoft has foreseen that not everybody uses the sam... [More]

Reporting | VSTS 2010

The “Active bugs by Assignment” and “Resolved Bugs by Assignment” chart is not visible in the Bug Status report

by Ewald Hofman 16. July 2010 12:54
I have a TFS 2010 demo box on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008. While I was busy in a team project based on the default Agile or CMMI process template, I saw in the Bug Status report something strange. Although I had bugs assigned (of course it was a demo environment, because I never deli... [More]

Reporting | VSTS 2010

The Hyper-V Data Exchange Service is not installed on the virtual machine

by Ewald Hofman 15. July 2010 01:38
I am preparing a machine for testing and demos. While I was busy installing my machine I was unable to start my build service anymore with the following error Build Service received Stop command and will be stopped. Details: Error in starting TFSBuildServiceHost in Lab mode. ExceptionType:System.Ex... [More]

Build server stops suddenly and frequently

by Ewald Hofman 14. July 2010 05:33
I have a TFS 2010 instance in which suddenly (and frequently) the build controller stops responding. When I look into the properties of the build controller and press Test Connection, I get the following error: The controller status has been changed by the Team Foundation Server at MyMachine Rea... [More]

TF260107 while installing Lab Management

by Ewald Hofman 11. July 2010 22:02
I am installing Lab Management on my local machine for test and demo purposes. The installation is not very easy because Lab Management heavily relies on multiple tools in the Microsoft stack that I am not familiar with, especially System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM). However Microsoft has... [More]

Refresh the warehouse automatically

by Ewald Hofman 7. July 2010 13:17
When you are modifying the reports in Team Foundation Server, you want to add new data (such as work items) to test the reports. I have written a blog post how you can do that manually, but I wanted to do that with a little app to save time. Attached is the source code and the exe (be aware to ... [More]

Reporting | VSTS 2010

Project Server Integration for TFS 2010 CTP released

by Ewald Hofman 5. July 2010 07:22
Microsoft has released a public CTP for the integration with Project Server. You can download the HyperV images at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=f221c660-161b-43ca-95f3-e0e4aad8d43e This community technical preview of Team Foundation Server 2010 and Pro... [More]

Shortcut to compare files in the Pending Change window

by Ewald Hofman 1. July 2010 06:54
Update: added the settings to change the default behaviour In the pending changes window you can double click a file, which opens the file. Another action I perform frequently in the dialog is to compare the file with the latest version to see which changes I have done to the file. Instead of o... [More]

Statistics

Statistics created at 09 Sep 2009

121 posts
488 comments
323 raters
1853999 visit (1043 per day)
30 users online